2/24/11

Gardeners Apron - Ruffled

I designed the Gardener's Apron to hold seed packs neatly in place and also my trowel. I chose homespun as it's a good work-in-the-mud fabric. The design works well but some years my exuberance for gardening finds me with a lot, a very large lot of seed packs, then add, the trowel, popsicle sticks and marker, a water bottle and the cell. I needed more room. 





 And it would be nice to make it more feminine, if I could.



So here is where I am. The new pocket is twice the width and ruffled to make it easy to use. It is stitched to make it actually three pockets instead of one large one. It holds large things, like an apple for a snack, a bottle of water and all the seed packs so I don't have to leave the garden for hours, and isn't that a nice thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment